Hey there KDWB listeners! This is Intern JP coming to you with his first blog! I’ve been with KDWB all summer, but what better occasion for my first blog than the Minnesota State Fair?! If you’ve attended, then you are well aware of what a spectacle it can be.
I worked the KDWB booth for 6 of the 12 days of the fair, and I had so much fun with my fellow interns and co-workers! When we weren’t busy selling our custom made fair t-shirts (which you can still purchase here), there were plenty of things going on that kept our attention. From the oversized stuffed animals, to all the crazy fair hair (or what I call “cotton candy hair”), to the interesting questions people asked while visiting our booth, the Minnesota State Fair proved itself to be one of the best places for people-watching there is!
I leave you with two “favorites” countdowns. The first is some of the crazy things I saw at the fair. The second is some of my favorite questions I was asked on almost a daily basis.
Favorite People Watching Moments
5. Kids with chocolate all over their face - If there’s a young child and fair food involved, there’s usually a messy face.
4. Mystery fried food - I can’t tell you how many times I had to ask someone what they were eating.
3. Dancers - A frequent occurrence. People loved hanging out by the KDWB stage and dancing.
2. Fair hair - So many little girls walked around with multi-colored, glittery hair. I’m still upset that I never got fair hair of my own.
1. Blow up unicorn w/invisible leash - THE most random prize I saw in all my time at the fair.
Who thinks up these things?!
Frequently Asked Questions
5. I want to be on the radio! - I mean, hey, you’re at the fair, you’re at the KDWB booth…why not try to convince the DJ to let you say hi to all your friends on the radio?
4. Where’s Ryan Seacrest? - Umm…California? Sorry guys, but he was not at our fair this year…
3. How do I win a t-shirt? - Yes, sometimes we have giveaways. At the fair though, because the t-shirts are custom made, they are only for purchase.
2. Who are you? / Are you on the radio? - Sorry to disappoint, but us interns that were in the booth are not on-air personalities.
1. What does G.T.L. mean? - We were selling a G.T.L. shirt (gym, tan, laundry - from Jersey Shore), and apparently not as many people watch that show as we thought. A lot of you still bought the shirt though!
Until next time trusty listeners!